about the blog

WELCOME!! this blog is about my journey with a christian theatre company called Masquer Ministries. Masquer currently performs non-profit shows in anaheim, california. it's an amazing group of people that are loaded with love, laughter, and tons of talent! the show we are currently working on is a christmas show called Journey to the Manger. if you want more info, feel free to contact me or check out the website at www.masquerministries.com. thank you! god bless! and... enjoy reading about my experience as a newbie in theatre.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

small, yet vast world of theatre

This evening I had the privilege to watch Ian S. Talbot, the creator and director of Masquer, perform in a show called Scary Poppins at the Melodrama theatre in Shoreline village. phew! that was a mouthful of a sentence! Now... I said all that to say, it was awesome! However, seeing as I intend to have a larger purpose to all my posts, here's the purpose of announcing this awesomeness....
Seeing my producer, leader, teacher, as well as fellow cast member in a show away from masquer ministries is very beneficial (and fun!). There is so much more to theatre than simply what I've known and experienced at the Candlewood theatre. Seeing familiar faces on a new stage and watching the cross advertisement from one theatre group to another (and vise-versa) gave me a sense of awe and wonder as I realized there's so much I don't know in this small, yet vast, world of theatre! Granted, I already knew before tonight that I had a lot to observe and learn, but it really made it hit home that there's so much more out there than just this company and these specific people. I've grown a new appreciation for actors, singers, stage managers, make-up and costume artists, ticket sellers, stage hands, and everyone involved in this glorious cycle that brings so much entertainment, and in the case of masquer, truth and hope with the messages of our Lord.
I'm praising god more and more for my opportunity to grow in this new involvement of being in theatre. I can't wait for rehearsal! I'm excited to see where this show will take not only me, but those who see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment