about the blog

WELCOME!! this blog is about my journey with a christian theatre company called Masquer Ministries. Masquer currently performs non-profit shows in anaheim, california. it's an amazing group of people that are loaded with love, laughter, and tons of talent! the show we are currently working on is a christmas show called Journey to the Manger. if you want more info, feel free to contact me or check out the website at www.masquerministries.com. thank you! god bless! and... enjoy reading about my experience as a newbie in theatre.

Monday, October 18, 2010

a show for Alyssa

This weekend was crazy and hectic for me. I went straight from a birthday party in Long Beach to a sleep over in Buena Park. Went to bed at 2am and woke up at 4am to do a 5k walk in Disneyland in the rain. THEN...I went straight from there to the theatre for rehearsal. oy...
The walk I went to is called CHOC walk (childrens' hospital of orange county). I go every year with a good friend of mine who was diagnosed with leukemia when we were in preschool. She attended that hospital and is now cancer free and we attend the walk every year. This year there was a team called team Alyssa.
As my friend and I were walking, we noticed a little girl's shirt in front of us. It read "I am alyssa, a future leukemia survivor" we both almost started crying. She was young , but she looked so happy. It made me proud of her and her parents for claiming the title of "future survivor". That takes strength, faith, and hope. And she had a huge team there with her to support her! I said a quick prayer and continued walking.
The thought of Alyssa and her struggles, as well as my friends past struggles, stayed in my mind all day. It made me greatful to be alive and healthy, and to be in masquer. It made me greatful for my salvation, and I prayed for theirs.
I was quite exhausted when I got to rehearsal, but it was well worth it to think this show, this ministry, could be for someone like Alyssa or her family. Someone in the audience could need it more than we'll ever know. It gives me joy to know that I get to be a part of something that has the capability to bring hope, joy, and the message of christ. praise god!

heres a picture of Allysa and the back of her shirt (which is kind of blury, but awesome!) and the walk itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment