about the blog

WELCOME!! this blog is about my journey with a christian theatre company called Masquer Ministries. Masquer currently performs non-profit shows in anaheim, california. it's an amazing group of people that are loaded with love, laughter, and tons of talent! the show we are currently working on is a christmas show called Journey to the Manger. if you want more info, feel free to contact me or check out the website at www.masquerministries.com. thank you! god bless! and... enjoy reading about my experience as a newbie in theatre.

Friday, December 3, 2010

more than I was prepared for

It's opening night!!!!! ahhh!!!!
December has seemed to come far to quickly for me. As we did our runthroughs and tech/dress rehearsals, I began to get a little nervous to tell the truth. If I get the lyrics right, my alto harmonies are wrong, but if I begin to focus to hard on those I forget the lyrics, or what verse we're on, or even loose the tempo... and if God has blessed me enough for me to get both correct, I most likely do the movement wrong or forget to smile... oh dear...

Our last runthrough did encourage me though, as I showed improvement in this multiltasking. I can't beleive we're opening! woot! I'm praying God will fill he theatre with his prescence and spirit, as well as people that need to experience it... I'm also praying I dont do horrible. This is my second show with masquer. theres quite a melancholy feeling to know that we'll only be perfomroming this show for one weekend as opposed to the two we did for the last show I was in.

Throughout this blog (if you've been reading along) you've heard quite a bit about my life and living situation and family junk... well... not much has changed, but masquer has helped me so much. At the end of the second tech rehearsal, I asked the lovely Yvonne (vocal director) to pray for healing. My arm, back, knee, ankle...practically the whole left side of my body, was causing me problems. She began to pray right then, but prayed for so much more than my physical healing, and for so much more than she knew, more than I was prepared for. I began to tear up... she had no clue that words she had just prayed over me where nearly the exact same words my mother prayed over me before I went into the missions field.

I didn't ask for prayer, but God knew I needed it and used her to bless me. This month, scratch that.. .this year has been a battle for me, but that only lets me know that God is planning somehting big, something filled with his goodness, and that excites me.

No comments:

Post a Comment