about the blog

WELCOME!! this blog is about my journey with a christian theatre company called Masquer Ministries. Masquer currently performs non-profit shows in anaheim, california. it's an amazing group of people that are loaded with love, laughter, and tons of talent! the show we are currently working on is a christmas show called Journey to the Manger. if you want more info, feel free to contact me or check out the website at www.masquerministries.com. thank you! god bless! and... enjoy reading about my experience as a newbie in theatre.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

isn't it funny?

Isn't it funny how God can use the simplest things to turn everything around? well.. maybe not everythings been turned around, but I have been blessed in many ways and am constantly being reminded of how great He really is. Ever since I graduated I've been looking for a job so I can raise money to become a missionary associate. Well, after everything that had gone one and with me living with a friend and possibly (hopefully) moving into a more permanent home to call my own soon, I gave up on the idea of getting a job. I kept telling myself stuff like, "as soon as I get a job I'll just have to move again" or something of the sort....

God has a sense of humor, and always perfect timing. As soon as I gave up on it, he opened multiple doors for small side jobs left and right. I helped a friend clean up some stuff and organize, I'll be babysitting for another friend, I'll be house sitting for someone else soon, and to top it all off, I'll now be working in the church nursery every other week. What amazes me about all of this, is I didn't seek out any of these small, but amazingly perfect offers. Also, all of these things I would gladly do for free, but God knows my needs and will always provide for those who call on Him.

Needless to say, with all these small additions to my calendar, I'm finding it difficult to remember or figure out my schedule. Unfortunately I will not be at rehearsal tomorrow (and it's pajama rehearsal too... :( my favorite). God needs me elsewhere and I know he has plans for me and he will be glorified through it all.

despite the fact that I will be missing out on my much loved masquer time and people, I did get my fill while at workday on Thursday. Praise God we got a lot done! Plus there were so many praise reports to be had about God's provision in so many ways! Masquer has been offered a much needed (MUCH NEEDED) storage container for a very reasonable price. Although we could still use some donations for the purchase, we have faith that it is ours! praise reports of things being done, being found, new found joy, etc.

then... after finalizing some paperwork to work in the nursery, I found out my working there is just as much of a praise report for others as it is for me. I didn't realize they were in such need for workers. Isn't it funny how God works?

No comments:

Post a Comment