about the blog

WELCOME!! this blog is about my journey with a christian theatre company called Masquer Ministries. Masquer currently performs non-profit shows in anaheim, california. it's an amazing group of people that are loaded with love, laughter, and tons of talent! the show we are currently working on is a christmas show called Journey to the Manger. if you want more info, feel free to contact me or check out the website at www.masquerministries.com. thank you! god bless! and... enjoy reading about my experience as a newbie in theatre.

Monday, November 1, 2010

one of those weeks

This week has been, to say the least, horrible.
to make a really long dramatic story shorter (and less complicated) my parents were apartment managers (so we didn't have to pay rent as part of their pay) and they lost their jobs and we now have to move out by the 8th, a week from today. Another issue is where are we going? my parents are staying with my step-dad's parents, but due to more dramatic situations, I can't stay there with them and will be staying at friends' houses. sooo... it's been a tense and draining week figuring out life.

I nearly had a mental breakdown at workday. I love all my friends, but when you get the hug (which I really needed) and the "sweety are you okay?" question, it's hard to say that I am okay. I didn't feel okay. However, I must say that I don't know where I'd be without the amazing people in my life. They've all been so generous and helpful; offering places to stay, or put stuff, to help me move and even kidnapping me for lunch just get me out of the house for a little bit. Despite all the stress and worry, I decided to go about my Halloween weekend and stick with my plans and try to have fun, and thanks to those amazing people, I did.

The theatre somehow has a way of making everything better. I feel peaceful and blessed in ways I can't describe. The people, the spirit, the love, the purpose there, makes everything else disappear. Yes, there were the occasional thoughts and subtle reminders that things were askew, but it was no longer an overwhelming attack. I did have to compose myself and stop myself from tearing up right after we prayed and were stretching, then again as we sang on of the more upbeat songs that say "forget your worries". It's so much easier said than done.

I got to go to a Halloween party at a good friends house after rehearsal. I saw a lot of people there who know about the situation, that I hadn't seen in person since this all occurred. I tried to avoid the topic and questions and sympathetic hugs that I just couldn't handle any longer. At first I wished I was back at the theater, but after everyone dropped it and moved on with the night of fun, I was able to forget again, and have an enjoyable evening.

I was in good spirits when I came home, so much so that when I walked into my room and saw my bare wall and stripped bookcase, I nearly panicked... until I remember that I had taken the stuff down, I had packed up that bookcase... and I suddenly remembered how much packing I still had to do and how many answers I still needed to get.

So here I am. The weekends over and I have a week left in this apartment. Let the packing marathon begin! but first... bible study, lots of prayer, and some good coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment